8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Meditation
Time & Location
About the Event
Ready to learn simple, proven tools to help you manage day to day life?
Mindfulness meditation and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) can support you to better manage stress and pain, improve sleep, memory function and concentration.
Studies show these simple tools can improve overall wellbeing, compassion, empathy and relationship satisfaction.
Michelle has been teaching meditation for 18 years. Join this 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course to see how simple meditating can be (nup, no chanting, crystals or yoga gear required!)
This 8-week course is based on the renowned Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme, taught in leading institutions worldwide and originally developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMASS Medical College to support chronically ill patients who were not responding to to traditional treatments.
Regular Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction practices have been proven over the past thirty years to offer the following benefits:
· Improved capacity to deal with stress and challenging situations, both short and long-term
· Increased capacity to be more present and aware in everyday life
· Improved ability to focus and pay attention
· Improved problem solving ability
· Improved productivity and efficiency
· Decreased physical and psychological symptoms
· Improved sense of self-worth
· More responsive and less reactive to daily challenges
· Improved ability to manage chronic pain and illness.
Mindfulness meditation has been quantified as having lasting positive effects on wellbeing, quality of life, performance & happiness as demonstrated by a plethora of academic research across fields such as psychology, neuroscience and medicine.
Come and try these simple yet effective practices for yourself!
WHEN: Thursdays evenings 7.30-9pm, commencing 11th October - December 6th (No class on Thursday 8th November)
WHERE: Ihana Yoga, 1/158 Acland St, St Kilda.
Spaces are strictly limited.
Secure your place now with your 50% deposit. Balance due 7 days prior to commencement of course.
An optional additional silent retreat day will be offered later in the course for those who wish to attend at a nominal fee.
All participants will receive a certificate of completion, guided meditations to support their self practice and a 100 page participant hand book.
- MBSR deposit$157.50$157.500$0